1.10.14

NELL MALLIA PHOTOGRAPHY

Last summer I attended Tim Coulson's workshop in London and it changed the way I thought about the pictures I was taking. A real passion for photography had grown inside me over the previous couple of years and, listening to Tim, I realised that this was something I'd love to do professionally. I decided on the way home from London that I was going to snap, snap, snap away and one day I'd launch my own business and see where it would take me.

Today is that day, and I'm so happy to be introducing Nell Mallia Photography.

Since that hot July day, my life has changed in ways I could never have anticipated. Not in a million years. The following month we found out we were pregnant again. Then my Dad died, and then Coralie arrived. It's been a year like no other I've experienced. The highest of highs and lowest of lows. But through it all I knew I wanted, at some point, to pursue this photography dream. And as the weeks after my Dad died turned to months, and the babymoon haze lifted, I started taking pictures again and made a start on my website.

Inspired, always, by my beautiful Dad. By his passion for life. And by wanting to make him proud. And by wanting to be as inspirational a parent for our girls, as he was for me.

As with any big step and new venture, it's exciting and terrifying all at the same time. I'd love to hear what you think, and would really appreciate it if you could hope over to Facebook and like my page.

Here's to seizing life, living it to the full and following your dreams.

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting new venture! You do capture moments so beautifully and I am sure will craft a rewarding and fruitful business :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on launching your studio, Nell! It’s great that you were able to turn your dream into reality. I’m sure you won’t regret putting up your new business, since it was built from your passion and interest. It can be overwhelming at first, that’s why you have to take it one step at a time. However, never refrain from being ambitious. It can be your fuel to keep you going and striving for more. All the best!

    Clint Shaff @ Franchise Match

    ReplyDelete