5.8.11

*

I’m feeling so much better now with the whole body issue thing. Largely thanks to all of your completely divine comments and reminders that when the bub is placed in my arms I won’t care a nat about a little podge here and there. But I have a sneaking suspicion it’s also because of those crazy pregnancy hormones sending me up and down and round the houses at the moment. Last night I even got a bit teary over a rather silly little thing. And I’m not a teary person. I’m still learning, but I’m trying to embrace it all. As I start to feel tiny flutters in my belly it’s so easy to forgot all the small things and concentrate on how amazing this growing a baby really is.

And when I see these pictures, it makes my heart skip at thought of when our own little one arrives. Plus I couldn’t ask for a more breathtaking model of these.


So because I’m feeling happy and bright, and basking in the unusual mix of sunshine and weekend, here are some colourful bits and pieces I’ve picked up in some charity shops over the last week. And some vintage textiles from a little store owned by a crazy but kind old lady who I spoke to for about 45 minutes yesterday about dressing babies like babies and the joys of living in part of the city where you walk into the butchers and they know your name. I could have spent all day in there rummaging through the piles of linens, and I’m sure I will be back very soon to find more treats.


Happy weekend to you all, and congratulations Christina for winning this little giveaway. These booties will be high-tailing their way to you on Monday. xx

7 comments:

  1. you are so adorable. and seriously don't worry about baby pudge - it comes off so easy once the baby comes!!!

    how many booties are you goin to make your little one!!!?? best baby shoe collection in history!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling better about the whole body thing. Having a baby is such a blessing who cares if there's a little pudge here and there. Right?
    Looking forward to your bump pic xx
    Btw I loved seeing your gorgeous booties on little Poet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to hear you're feeling better about things. Those pesky hormones! They're bad enough when you aren't pregnant!
    The Ikea highchair is brill! I highly recommend it. I think with the tray it cost around £14.99. Bertie has been using it since he was about 6 months, and there is still plenty of room. We don't use the tray now as he joins us at the table. It's really easy to clean as it's such a nice clean-lined design. We were looking into the tripp-trapp style chairs to begin with, but they're so expensive. We're so pleased we got this one. Good old Ikea. Are you still awake after reading that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charity shops are treasure troves :) I love the plate especially. I have been reading your blog for some time now, I love it. Especially because I'm on a little journey of my own (15 wks pregnant with my first babe). Much love and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Must be such an exciting time. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jes said it, you're absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the coming baby! And love the vintage notions - especially the handkerchiefs. I have quite a collection of my own. I can't help but snap them up when once I see one!

    ReplyDelete