26.6.11

*

I seem to be making my way quite steadily through my 10 for 2011 list, and today I’m pretty chuffed to be ticking off another one. A good thing really as we’re now almost halfway through the year. OK, so I should have finished this one months ago (it was started back in January) but knitting and other things got in the way.

I have a bit of a thing for samplers. My Grandma’s house is full of Victorian ones that I’ve always loved and I made numerous ones for her when I was younger. I really wanted one to hang in our own home, to signify our marriage, and I’m really pleased with how it’s turned out. I took aspects from numerous books I’ve found in charity shops over the years and added my own random bits here and there. I love the bright colours against the cloth I tea-stained, and the free Love pattern I found on an awesome site I’ve now lost the link to (darn it).


But the thing I’m most pleased with? It looks as neat on the back as it does on the front. Well, mostly. Something my Grandma will be very proud of.


ps. tune in tomorrow for some exciting news...

5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Good on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks brilliant!
    Well done.
    I wish I could do things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love it Nell! You're a clever lady :) This would make any Granny proud xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome! You and your nimble fingers do it again. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so impressed - add them to the shop!!

    ReplyDelete