21.5.11

*

Some pretty colours for a pretty sunny day in the garden.

This hamper was one of the best holiday finds ever. We bought it in a Cuban supermarket while we were in Havana on our gap year. It's got such a vintage look to it I decided to snap it up right away and figure out how to bring it home later on. (I think I filled it with clothes and squidged it in a suitcase eventually.) Since the move it's role as a storage box on top of the wardrobe has developed into the perfect knitting basket. It looks cool in the living room and I can easily carry it with me if I want to go knit in the garden. While I watch B do lots of hard work.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the aqua hamper :) I thought it was a picnic basket at first...but i can tell it's multi-functional. bonus! Happy knitting Nell, and soak up some sun for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous basket! Looks like a beautiful day (I have major sun envy!)! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your hamper and have just fallen for your yellow converse!! Much cooler than my grey ones - better ad to my shopping list pronto!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy your knitting, a pretty basket makes it even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the hamper and love your fun colors in general!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh knitting in the garden - bliss. and that hamper is oh so gorgeous....the colour is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a perfectly lovely hamper... I swoon for it.

    happy monday xx

    ReplyDelete