14.10.10

*

I have a new Store of the Month. It’s called Wool. That’s all I need to say.

Bath wasn’t exactly the friendliest city for a budding knitter before, but now it’s a whole different ball game. Turns out heaven is wool shaped and can be found round the back of Marks and Spencer. This shop has the most incredible selection of wools and they have the coolest knitting needles ever in the history of knitting needles. Friends, they’re tie-dyed. That’s right, tie-dyed.

But the best thing? The best thing is the beautiful colours the owner Laura has selected. I’ve been working on my plan for my future little business and one of the main things I’ve been thinking about are the colours I want to be using. I have a definite palette in mind and I may even have a little notebook with collages of shades and colour combos I like. If you didn’t know already, I’m a bit of a geek like that. And yep the business has a name and my sister’s even designing a logo of sorts for me, but it’s all still under wraps for now.

Last night, excited by these three new lovely bundles and the perfect timing of this store’s arrival (it’s like it was put here especially for me!!) I spent a while (aka all evening) scouring the web for inspiration. Now I need to stop spending so much time looking at other people’s amazing knitting and get started myself.

ps. the store even has it's own knitting class on a Wednesday night. It starts November 3rd and I think I might head along. I am a bit scared that the other knitters may be masters of the trade...surely the prospect of a new knitting buddy is worth it though, right?

14 comments:

  1. How exciting! Don't be scared. I'm sure you'll be better than them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for it, always great to meet like-minded people, and I've never met a scary knitter yet. Absolutely the right time of year to be picking up knitting needles too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should go for it ! It sounds like fun... You should check this out : www.woolandthegang.com you might like it. They have great stuff although it's a little bit pricey. talk soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, I wonder what you are gonna do with those pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should totally go for it, it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to find out what your little business is! Exciting xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love knitting and it's definitely a great way to express your creative self... enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, knitting class sounds like soooo much fun!
    Love the colo combo too - especially the blue! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish there was a store like this where I live! And I have felt the same way about joining art classes. I think it can be intimidating at the thought that others may be masters at their craft, but I think it is worth the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah so glad you found another little gem that stocks such great stuff and so happy you are taking steps forward in getting the business going. sign up for the class and don't look back - you won't regret it and could meet some really great people. have a great weekend lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi.
    I really like you guys. Cool and cute.
    Nice to meet you! I'm Becca :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i want to learn to knit...it seems so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would looove to learn how to knit...just not having much luck with video tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I really need to learn how to knit and find a good knitting class. I look forward to seeing your newly learned creations! Hope you had a nice weekend, my dear. xx

    ReplyDelete