20.10.10

*

I'm ill. Sore throat, tight chest, aching bones: the whole schbang. I've taken the day off work and have been knitting through the general feeling of rubbishness. Oh and I watched Stardust. One of my favourite films when I can't be doing with thinking too hard. I also munched a Fondant Fancie, because you're allowed to eat anything you want when you're ill to make you feel better. Well that's the motto in our house anyway. (Same applies when you're feeling a bit blue or if it's a special occasion. Basically any excuse to eat lots.)

Thankfully I did get an awesome gift (bought by me for me, but a gift all the same I reckon) in the post to cheer me up. It arrived a couple of days ago and is now sitting proudly on our sofa. Thank you awesome Nath for packing it up so beautifully. I ♥ it. Visit her shop now for some brilliant vintage finds.

So it's a slouchy afternoon in front of the TV for me, hoping that I feel better soon and maybe feeling slightly sorry for myself. But ultimately loving that I have a day without going to work. There's always a silver lining, right?

20 comments:

  1. Get well soon sweetie! Being ill is the worst! But I agree on being allowed to eat what you like! And yay for Stardust, I love that film :)

    Axo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Stardust! I actually quite loved the graphic novel by Neil Gaiman as well (love most of his stories though)

    And I could not agree more, you SHOULD be allowed to eat whatever you fancy when you're ill (or feeling blue or a bit out of the weather...)

    I bought myself an entire bag of chocolates yesterday simply because the packaging was so cute (and a bit retro).

    Have a lovely day, feel better soon! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get better soon! It's never nice to feel ill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor you. I hope you are feeling a little better now, being sick is the pits. You have done all the right things to perk yourself up though- some sweetie treaties, a gift to self. Right on xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poo :( Hope you're feeling better quick smart! And of course you're allowed to eat whatever you need to make you feel better. If that turns into a mountain of chocolate, so be it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh do take care - getlots of rest and I hope you are feeling much better soon!!
    Fondant Fancie, now that sounds a treat!! eat up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww feel better! but sounds like you're a having as good a day as can be expected considering you're sick. getting parcels in the mail is one of my favourite things in the world and that cushion is adorable!

    hope you're feeling better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cushion is gorgeous. Why oh why did you have to let me know about that amazing shop?!? It's in GBP, plus with international postage ... yikes. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon hon! Indulge and indulge some more! That's what being sick is for :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boo. Get better soon my dear. :( *s*

    ReplyDelete
  11. any excuse to miss work right? hope you feel better soon and rest up! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get yourself a lot, lot, lot of fondant and rest up under your new throw. Being sick is the worst without sweets.

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that pillow so much! So cute :)
    I do hope you feel better! A sore throat is no fun :(
    So feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's horrid being poorly but a gr8 movie and something sweet always helps. have hopped over from blogging central and saw u were from bath,............hello from Wells, Somerset!!
    Jo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. sick days are kind of a special loveliness :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poor thing! Feel better and eat lots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh hope you feel better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Get better! I love that pillow!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Naw sweet blogger I just went through this a couple of days ago... I know it feels absolutely awful but it will pass! It wasn't long ago that you were wishing me well and now I am here to return those well wishings.. Rest, hydrate and be kind to yourself. lots of love!
    xo tash

    ReplyDelete
  20. feel better!!! i'm totally right there with you on eating anything you want when you're sick. :) :) definitely.

    oh and I love stardust!!! :)

    ReplyDelete