1. Going to see Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows: Part 1 tomorrow. That’s right people. My name is Nell and I’m a Harry Potter nut. A serious nut in fact. Luckily I have a partner in crime in this passion. My Mum. We’ve both read all the books about 6 times, we stood in line at midnight to buy them and I booked our tickets to see the film about 2 months ago. I can’t tell you how excited I am.
2. The prospect of getting to meet our newest nephew on Sunday. We’re heading off on a little day trip with B’s parents so I’ve been busy knitting up some treats for him.
3. Seeing the Coca Cola “Holidays are Coming” advert on Tuesday evening. Yes, I know it only reflects the commercial side of Christmas, but I can’t help but freak out when I see it. A text conversation ensued between my sister and I exclaiming how awesome it was. Thank goodness there’s someone else out there as lame as me.
4. Receiving two lovely emails from the two lovely ladies who received my letters at the beginning of the week. They made my day, proving this letter writing malarkey is totally worth it.
5. And it may be a bit soppy but you know what, the royal engagement made me smile too. B’s far more cynical about the whole thing and thinks it’s only been announced to butter everyone up before yet another week of budget cut announcements, but I can’t help it. It’s the old romantic in me. Plus I can’t get over how big and bouncy Kate’s hair is. Sod being the future Queen of England, I just want her hairdresser please.