5.5.16

MOTHERHOOD CAPTURED: april

I hung onto this project by the skin of my teeth this month. In fact, Ben snapped this one in the garden on Saturday (last day of April!) as I had to get one done to post here. I'm grateful that the Motherhood Captured series is that little voice at the back of my head reminding me to get in front of the camera - even if it is only once a month. And no matter how staged it was, it's still a beautiful and natural moment between me and my babies. A capture that shows us in the garden, in the sun, playing around and cuddling and smiling and just enjoying being at home and in each other's company.

The months are moving by so fast this year, and I'm busily working behind the scenes on trying to make one of my dreams come true. It's exciting and nerve wracking and completely mind/time/energy consuming but I know that, in one way or another, it'll be worth it. I'm so happy to have to be able to give it a go, and the support to take some time and try to make it happen. Who knows if it'll work out, but I'm proud of myself either way.

As always providing for and inspiring my girls is what drives me. I want them to see and know that working hard and being passionate about something is what matters. I want to be their role model. And I want them to be proud of their Mama, in the same way I'm proud of them.

I turn 32 next week. For the first time I think I can see some little laughter lines on my face, maybe a faint wrinkle, and I've plucked a couple of grey hairs from my head in the last month or two. I don't feel 32 at all. I'm pretty sure I'm actually still 17, but apparently not. And in all honesty I don't mind aging. I am so lucky and grateful for all I have, for all that those 32 years have given me. I feel more confident in who I am, and what I want from life than ever before. Who knows what the next year will bring, but I'm so thankful that I have the opportunity to be here, on that adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment