4.10.10

The weekend was a bit of a mixed bag of tricks. Saturday was packed with family parties so lots of fun and lots of yummy food. And there was a chocolate fountain. With strawberries, marshmallows and mini-doughnuts to dunk. Doesn’t get much better than that in my books.

But Sunday was a bit of a bummer. B and I had planned on going to Glastonbury Festival next year and we’d persuaded my sis and her guy to head along too. Yesterday morning we were all on the phone for around 5 hours. Yep. FIVE HOURS. And online. All in vain. We got zilcho on the ticket front. As you can imagine it was disappointmentsville in our house. So to cheer us all up we headed to my sister’s, ate pizza, ate more chocolate (whoops) and watched a movie.

Now we're thinking what to do instead. We've heard Bestival is pretty good, so maybe we'll head there. But missing out on Glasto is just a bit sucky and we're all feeling rather sorry for ourselves. Hence the hoard of chocolaty goodness. If only I could exercise some self-control like the super cool Anna over at Rummey Bears. She's my new hero.

17 comments:

  1. What a bummer about the festival tickets! I know how that goes. But you can't stay sad when you are in the presence of a chocolate fountain! YUM!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go to Glastonbury too. I have heard though that unless your Kate Moss or one of the Geldofs, you can pretty much forget it! You should give that other festival a go, I've never been to a bad one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you didn't have any luck with the tickets. Green & Blacks white chocolate is truly dangerous. We ate way too much of it over this last winter....we're nearly under control now, well maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a bummer. You guys have so many good festivals over there. What about T in the Park in Scotland? Ahhh decisions decisions. p.s it's good to be back! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend! Although, I'm sorry about the festival tickets :(. such a bummer! But pizza and chocolate- perfect cheer-me-up :). Hope you can attend another festival instead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh, you must be gutted over glasto my friend, so sorry for the bad news - at least there is chocolate bars to drown your sorrows in. hope festival tickets find a way to you soon - have you tried ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry about the tickets:( We always watch Glastonbury on tv and can never believe the tons of people there.
    Pizza & chocolate sound good though!

    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. bummer about the festival!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awh that's a total bummer! Especially after investing so much time. Hope the chocolate made u feel all better. Oh and a chocolate fountain sounds heavenly! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about Glastonbury :( My friends actually just got tickets from Korea and I don't know how they managed that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your weekend turned out okay anyway! Chocolate is always good :) And dark chocolate is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That really sucks! Not the chocolate - that bit is great, but about the tickets. Maybe it was going to be awful anyway?? I mean .... it's always muddy and wet - Sorry, am just trying to think of the bad bits so you wont be so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am currently addicted to French Varlhona chocolate - so bad, but sooooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the chocolate sounds divine. too bad about the tickets- i'm sure you'll figure something even more magical out. xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  15. isn't it amazing how chocolate makes you feel much much better when things go bad?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad I came across your blog. You got married on exactly the same day as my best friend this year :) Getting Glastonbury tickets is so hard! Maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete