I've come up with a name for my recipe posts. Food That Makes Girls Happy. Because that's what the boy cooks me everyday. So...

: Mushroom Risotto

1. Soak half a tbsp on dried Porcini mushrooms for 10 minutes
2. Fry one small, chopped white onion with a crushed glove of garlic for 2-3 minutes until soft
3. Add 110g of Chestnut mushrooms and fry for a further 2-3 minutes
4. Stir in 175g of Arborio rice
5. Add 75ml of white wine
6. Make up 600ml of vegetable stock and add to the saucepan a ladle at a time, until soaked in
7. Drain and add the chopped Porcinis, some chopped fresh basil and 15g of butter to the mix.
8. Eat up folks!


  1. Oh yum! I love it when Chris cooks for me! We had risotto just the other night, with pumpkin, camembert, spinach and sundried tomatoes. I think I'll have to try your out asap!

  2. This looks amazing –hope you aren’t too lonely without your man. Perhaps you can pass the time by watching lots of trashy reality tv and having a few vino’s with the girls? (love the park benches in yesterday’s post – how sweet!)

  3. Mmmm mushroom risotto. This sounds so yummy!

  4. Love the title and the risotto - yum! Your boy sure sounds like a keeper xx

  5. i haven't made risotto in awhile...thanks for reminding me!

  6. That looks amazing! You're so lucky to have such a wonderful hubby :) xoxo

  7. I love risotto. I'll have to give this recipe a try.