8.9.10

It’s Manic Wednesday again (where did that week go?) but I had a little time so thought I’d do a knitting update. I finished this pink cardigan. Well, mostly. I practically got to the end and decided I didn’t like the pattern, so made the decision to not waste any more wool and stop. I got to practice lots of different techniques which was really handy, but I just wasn’t loving the design so I decided to move onto something I loved.

And in the last week I have become knitting obsessed. I’ve even started on numerous Christmas presents. One for my Sis is coming along and I’m about to start on some pretty cool stripy scarves for my nephews. But most of all I’m particularly pleased with my little baby booty design. I’ve adapted a pattern in the book I’m using and luckily have three babies to knit for. B’s brother’s little boy is due to hatch in the next two weeks, my best mate’s at the beginning of January and my cousin’s the beginning of February. So I figured I better get on with it.

So, here they are. The teeniest of booties. Very warm and snugly for the winter, don’t you think. And I’ve started on some for my cousin too, in white and cream stripes. Pretty subtle but I know they’ll love them. I love that I can whip one up in about an hour and B’s very impressed at how neat I am. Got to stop typing now so I can go knit. See? Obsessed.

17 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest booties ever!!! You're so talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These little booties are soooo cute!!
    I'm so glad you found my blog and left a comment because it led me back to your blog! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so cute! I wish I could knit!! I will try harder this winter! I want to learn to crochet too... there's too many things I want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed (and slightly jealous) of your knitting skills, these are amazing! I’ve been way too afraid to attempt knitting. Well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The booties are so cute. I'm in search of a good bootie pattern. I used to knit cardigans as new-born presents but I have 5 (!) friends having babies in the next six months and I don't think I'm quick enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the cutest!!! I just knit a baby hat for my friends newborn, baby knits are so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I knew how to knit! Those are way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! I, too, get on obsessive kicks. Not always practical, but awfully fun.

    (ps-Your profile comments made me smile. I married my honey that I met when I was 15 and he was 16. 12 years and three kiddies later ... such a good thing. Best wishes to you and yours!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nell, thanks for stopping by! Your blog is beautiful! I love all the pics and your wedding day!

    The booties are adorable! You are very talented. I hope you'll post a pic of the cream and white striped pair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so sweet. Unfortunately my knitting consists of up and down...scarf anyone? Keep on knitting I say!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these booties are adorable!! I so admire your knitting abilities! Learning how to knit has been a goal of mine for so long! Lovely blog you have here.

    thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so clever! Would love to see more x

    ReplyDelete
  13. There truly is nothing better than having hand knitted pieces.. My mum has made me some beautiful ones that I hope to hand down to my kids one day {those fictional kids that don't exist yet mind you}!
    xo tash

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really chuffed that you love these...because i'm hoping that fun things relating to my knitting may be happening in the future and your loveliness is giving me more and more confidence about it! I'll definitely be posting about my next projects...the cream and white stripes are looking darn awesome and the matching baby bobble hat is going to be C-UTE! I hope. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey nell, I just wanted to appologise for deleating my post that you commented on! I was so touched by your comment and it made me so happy! But I had a sudden feeling of too vulnerable after I posted the "what I wore" pictures. I am still gettting used to this blogging thing and suddenly when there were those photos of me up there just cause of my outfit I felt nervous and embarrased. Anyway.... thats all. I love your blog and I want to learn how to knit! Happy Friday! ps. Where in England do you live? My husband and I were there this spring and I was enchanted! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi ya! Thanks for the sweet comment and for visiting my blog. These booties are so cute. I wish you could teach me how to knit like that! Greeting from Paris x

    ReplyDelete