1.6.15

WISHES

Josephine collected little stones to throw into the lake at Dryham Park last week, and told me she was making wishes as they hit the water. Wishes for holidays and cake and sunshine; and a wish that she could see her Grandpa.

I love that he is in her thoughts always, and at the same time my heart breaks for her and all that she should have done with him but never got the chance, and for how much she misses him.

My sweet girl. Your Grandpa would be so proud of you and I have no doubt that, wherever he is now, he wishes he could see you too.

And then she wished for an apple. I love her!

2 comments:

  1. She's so sweet and has natural comic timing. Apple obsessed! I wish I could see him too. I believe he can see Josephine, he's watching over her. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete