3.2.12

*

Well, after two blissful weeks enjoying our little cocoon as a family of three, our Babymoon is over and Ben went back to work yesterday. A week ago the prospect of being at home on my own with Josephine was a little terrifying, I'll admit. I wondered how on earth I would ever shower, do the washing up or make some lunch without Ben here to hold her. But over the last few days our little girl has learned to sleep quite soundly in her bouncy chair, allowing me to get a few things done here and there. It's crazy how fast we're getting to grips with this parenting malarkey.

And, with two days down, I can happily report that I've washed my hair, done some washing up, hung out some clean clothes and put more in the machine. How quickly the type of tasks that equate a productive day can change.

Mostly though, I've been spending my days talking to Josephine. Ben and I adore getting to know her more every day and it's the most wonderful thing watching her change and develop with every hour. She's the sweetest creature with such a good nature and only cries when she needs something. She stares directly into your eyes when your talk to her, listening intently, and gets oh so excited when we give her plenty of kisses. You can see her trying so hard to smile.

She adores bathtime with her Papa before being wrapped in a warm towel for snuggles with her Mama. She is always chattering away; sometimes with delicate little kitten purrs and sometimes with noisey growls that make us chuckle. And her quizzicle expressions have been keeping us entertained for hours on end. Everyday is more fun than the last and everyday we love her more. It's already impossible to imagine life without Josephine, completing our little home.

17 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful time... and it only gets better! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautifully you have summed up the beauty and focus of those first few weeks - it is such a precious time. Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully written. Oh I remember those first few weeks... And they are so amazing... AND! It continues to get even better and better!!!
    Hope the BF'ing is getting better and easier.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post. It is so true, they get lovelier and lovelier...and just when you think you couldn't love them any more than you already do...WHAM, your heart expands again. She is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautifully written post Nell - makes me all misty eyed reading about your darling cherub :) Sounds like you're managing to get things done very well while Josephine sleeps - well done Mama xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, isn't she gorgeous!

    Glad you had these two weeks together, sounds like a wonderful time!

    I vividly remember when I read your pregnancy announcement here on this blog, and now Josephine is here and you get to hang out with her...

    Wishing you all the best and many more beautiful moments in the weeks to come,

    Fine

    ReplyDelete
  7. O so beautiful! Josephine is such an alert and lovely baby (and I love the name as well) Those first weeks together in that first heady in-love are just one of the most magical times. If I could live any parts of my life over again... it would be those first special days when you are just getting to know your beloved! (and that's even with all the sore stitches, alien-jelly-tummy etc!)
    Thankyou for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nell I'm SO HAPPY for you!!! Josephine is GORGEOUS! (goodness, you and ben make cute babies:) I loved reading this post, and the one previous, about how you're enjoying motherhood with your sweet baby girl so much. To say it gets me excited for my new little one in March is an understatement.

    Keep the darling photos and stories of your beautiful life coming! And i look forward to reading about her birth and your breastfeeding experience...all so incredible :)

    hugs!

    xo
    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bit teary Nell - gorgeous post for a gorgeous new family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this makes my heart swell! I can see so much love in these photos! I am so glad you are enjoying these wondrous early days Nell - they are magical. I am still a little sad that I was so depressed from my birth trauma, as I missed out on a lot of those quiet watching moments with Everly in the first weeks.

    Oh - and a day where I have a shower and do one other house task is a productive day, even now after 8 months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. she is simply gorgeous. Don't give up on the breastfeeding, it does take a little while to get used to, something that they seldom tell you but mostly just enjoy this special time that you have with her, these moments you will treasure when you are old like me and the kids fight to get away from you or even kiss you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you will come up for air in a few months enjoy the fog...it soon fades. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2 weeks down here too! And being my 3rd baby its just as wonderful and magical as the 1st xx well done on getting this done - big or small it all counts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh boy, this takes me back to those blissful early days. I miss them being so tiny. : ( Josephine is so delicious.

    If I changed out of my jammies then it was a productive day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Nell, Loving seeing the photos of little Josephine. She looks adorable. We're away this next week as I'm working away, but when we get back I'll be in touch for a little birds meet up. We can't wait to meet her. Hope you're all doing okay. See you soon, Mrs B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's super special to be able to share a teeny little bit of this incredible time on here with you. SHE IS DIVINE. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete