1. These lovely, old-fashioned Christmas tree decorations that I bought in the most awesome sweet shop ever. My family all come to our house on Christmas morning and our nephews will love having a Christmas tree treasure hunt with these little ones.
2. The snow. It’s completely freezing here this week and we woke up this morning to a little blizzard and a white covering over everything.
3. Finishing my Christmas shopping. That’s right people. I’m always pretty organised but I’ve never completed it all before December. And with three exceptions I’ve stuck to my vow to either buy from charity shops or local independent stores or to make presents myself. I think it’s the way forward and I’ll definitely be sticking to this next year.
4. Seeing my nephew Ty in town when I was walking home at lunchtime yesterday. He had just been on his first school trip to the theatre and was walking along, hand in hand with his little buddie, with all his school mates and teachers. I chatted to him as they walked and when I said goodbye Ty and all his friends waved and shouted bye very loudly. Cutest. Thing. Ever.
5. 4 weeks today it’s Christmas Day. It’ll be the start of our 11 day holiday from work, Father Christmas will have delivered lots of lovely presents and the house will be packed with the yummiest of food. Heaven.