22.9.10

I’m known to be a bit of a klutz round these parts. My husband would say a complete and utter klutz. I honestly don’t know how I do it. I mis-judge door frames on a regular basis and smash my shoulder/arm/hand into the wall. Maybe my face a couple of times (don’t laugh). B says that when he’s getting ready for work in the morning and hears me in the kitchen chopping veggies for our lunchtime salads, he waits with baited breath for me to scream and run into him with bloody fingers. Or no fingers. Yeah, I cut myself on a regular basis too. B maintains that my clumsiness is a direct result of my need to get things done insanely quickly. That the saying “more haste, less speed” appears to be my motto. AKA: in my rushing to get things done quickly I actually take longer because I do things like pull the bathroom door over toes and rip them to shreds and then have to clear up the mess before I can do anything else. My toes are still healing from that atrocity.

Well today, I’ve gone and clonked myself in the face. Again. This time though using the phone at work, which is something new. I span my chair round to answer my phone and as I was still spinning when I picked it up, it smacked me on the nose instead of safely finding its way to my ear. (I can hear you laughing again.) Currently my nose is throbbing. And is bright red. Rudolph, eat your heart out. Every time I smile it hurts even more. In fact it’s started to hurt when I just inhale through my nose. That ain’t good. And to top it all we have a big family meal tonight to celebrate my cousin’s 21st birthday. I’m hoping my nose doesn’t swell and need a chair of it’s own by the time we get to the pub….

11 comments:

  1. On no! Are you going to have your nose looked at by a doctor? Maybe a pint at the pub can act as an anesthetic of sorts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear- I feel your pain- I'm also a klutz. My partner Rob still can't believe how I can misjudge doorways, table edges, window ledges. I'm always finding bruises that I can't remember how I got. Last night whilst trying to find the water glass on my bedside table I knocked it over and it went everywhere, all over books, electric blankets!
    Hope your nose recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! My partner is also amazed at my ability to misjudge heights/ doorways/ car doors etc. He thinks its even more funny given that I am a former ballet dancer (and we're supposed to have coordination and balance, or something?) Hope the nose feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG....me too! I've got so many bruises from running into things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you poor thing!
    I usually just bang my hip or leg on things. Or maybe I bang my shoulder as well but I don't notice because it hurts less than the leg. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am a bit clumsy too... sorry about the nose bump and hope it's nothing to worry about and that it goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I hope your nose feels better! I'm a total klutz too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Owwww!! I'm like that sometimes, I nearly fall down the stairs at least once a week, due to my desperation to get downstairs quickly... Hope your nose recovers! A xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it, this made me laugh out load picturing you hit yourself with the phone! hope you are feeling better. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww, I'm sorry you hurt yourself! :/ I also like to get things done quickly (and am slightly clumsy because of it)...The great Phil Dunphy once said "Slow is smooth and smooth is fast" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry but this actually made me laugh out loud. Except for the toe thing. That sounds horrific. And I totally relate. I'm a speed demon too and always walk into door ways... and fall UP stairs. But the phone incident.... well if only there had been a video camera you would be a celebrity by now! *s*

    ReplyDelete