Things to smile about this week
1. My floral daps. I found them in the sale in Office’s kids section. I may not be able to wear them for another 6 months but when the spring arrives, I will have very happy feet.
2. The i-Touch shuffle function. Johnny Cash and the Rolling Stones followed by some classic Prodigy. Last night I was B’s assistant in the kitchen as he baked stuffed aubergines and we danced and sung as they cooked. Kitchen discos are so much fun.
3. Perfecting the mattress stitch. I knitted up some practice squares and spent the evening doing it again and again, feeling very happy with myself as each attempt got neater. Thank you to the awesome Meghan for your knitting advice.
4. Yummy treats from my husband. B stopped in Waitrose on the way home from work on Tuesday and bought me a cookie topped with Smarties. Edible surprises are always the best.
5. The fabric selection for my first ever quilt. Kathryn’s beautiful creations have inspired me and this weekend I’ll be making a start on my own. Wish me luck.
ps. I hope you all have a spookily magical Halloween on Sunday x